We had an incredible week during the first “big-build” of 2009. The weather was record breaking heat, aside from an intense thunderstorm that rolled through on Saturday night that helped keep the dust down for a couple of days. The swimming was the best it has ever been with the brigade taking 2 or 3 swim breaks a day. Also, if you haven’t been to the blog in a while we have 6 holes of the Halkett Heights disc-golf (do not call it frisbee golf!) course in place thanks to our disc-golf consultant Malcolm who was in from Terrace the weekend before the big-build. We even had some tomatoes from our garden (thanks Maddy).Much was accomplished. The walls of the main cabin are 85% complete and the deck is complete aside from the railing and knee-bracing. Sonja took some time lapse of the daily progress and is editing it for uploading to the blog.
Thanks to all who participated:
Alex Dan DeeDee Janice Jose Lewis Marc Matthew Miles Molly Pancho Pere Sarah Sean Willy
I am very pleased to say that the entire week did not require a single trip to town for any building supplies or groceries.
You can see lots more photos here
Highlights and accomplishments
- walls & floors as seen in video
- fabulous swimming
- Matt’s two great games of LCR and the super fun awesome game which is like charades but better
- group cries of ‘safty first’ after our child labour sign crew all forgot the E
- night and dawn swims
- spectacular thunderstorm & amazing lightening
- the rapid raccoon response team of willy and uncles and their brave attempts to protect the camp kitchen
- dungeons and dragons
- ‘smores and more ‘smores