The number of people who have helped build our cabin is now at OVER 75 PEOPLE!!
many thanks to:
jesse patrica billg dale coe pere deedee marc matt janice alex don lewis willy molly jose sara pancho pat winram the Swiss family of three whose names we can’t remember! cath naomi maddy jordana terry+2 sonia chris nitin brad alpha blake shawn sean louise nessa miles suzanne doug rohini jodi bill mike john kevin n grady christa kevin l annie simon jerome eric rick courtney eric jan rich rj miss kim derek yael birgitte lora drew waylon / frances / kristen
- the initial inspections by the engineer and the permits people have been done which means we can now begin the wiring, plumbing etc.
- the exterior is completed except the gutters and interior of the breezeway
- the decking (except the interior of the breezeway) are completed
- the tomatoes we are growing are delicious!
- Fresh grown mint and bourbon go very nicely together
How many puns can people make using the words shingle and shake? About as many as the hundreds of nails that were used to put up the shingle siding on the power tower!
In addition to the many bad puns our long weekend also featured
and nature bingo!
- Start with things you love. In our case, it was the land first, then the windows which we built the house around.
- Find some common ground that will shape your decisions.
- Create a good base camp
- Enjoy the process!
Big thanks to Mike, John, Maddy and Blake and our land partner Bill who brought the beautiful cedar shakes from Vancouver Island.